If you build it, they will come…
Povedans aren't known for school spirit. We're not like The Ateneans and LaSallites who duke it out year after year on the basketball courts. We're not the type to make cookbooks to commemorate the birthday of Josefa Segovia or St. Pedro Poveda. We can't even be bothered to attend reunions.
But set up an online shrine to Mang Baguio and—woah!—the love comes pouring in.
If you're a Teresiana/Povedan, you may want to join Mang Baguio is the New Chuck Norris on Facebook. The description reads:
For all Povedans who remember our favorite beadle/head of security (can anyone shed light on his actual job description?).
Teofilo Baguio, also known as Baguio, has always had the memory of an elephant. He knew everyone who ever came to pick us up, down to the yayas/sekyu detail/drivers/lola/moms/dads/siblings/carpool mates/etc. If only he had been as lenient with the taboo boyfriends. ;)
For chasing us with a megaphone up the stairs leading up to Galleria, and for memorizing the names/plate numbers/cars of our various sundo, we salute you. :)
Therese, thanks for setting this up. If Mang Baguio IS retiring this year, whatever will we do for school spirit?

5 Comments:
OHMYGHADS. Don't you remember he was my Ball King? HAHAHAHA!!! I danced with him pa! :D He is the shiznit. Labsyoo Mang Bags!
Yis! Aims do you have a picture with Mang Bags from our grad ball? Post it naman on the group page. Fer the luv o Baguio…
I have no pics from high school I swear. If I had it, I'd have framed it. :D
If the reunion theme was a tribute to Mang Bags everyone would attend!
trulagen.
my gadz, Therese set up the group YESTERDAY and there are already close to 300 Povedans who signed up! fer the luv o Baguio talaga…
Post a Comment
<< Home