another vignette from dreamland
Dreams are funny. You know what you want to do, you know what you have to do; but there's always a script you're bound to follow.
Here's an old dream circa Lover #4. (It was more surreal than this but to include all the details would have been confusing and unwieldy)
I love it when my dreams warn me. Three cheers for the subconscious!
***
Here's an old dream circa Lover #4. (It was more surreal than this but to include all the details would have been confusing and unwieldy)
I love it when my dreams warn me. Three cheers for the subconscious!
***
Three weeks into what we started, we were out together and I lost you.
Which would have been fine but I lost other things.
First, my purse. Must have left it somewhere.
I kept thinking, once I'd found you, we'd remember where.
Then I lost a shoe. (I kept going.)
and then another. (I should've turned back.)
But I kept on. Thinking: stick to the plan.
Which would have been fine but I lost other things.
First, my purse. Must have left it somewhere.
I kept thinking, once I'd found you, we'd remember where.
Then I lost a shoe. (I kept going.)
and then another. (I should've turned back.)
But I kept on. Thinking: stick to the plan.
I found you. (You went looking for something to eat?!?)
I woke up. And I couldn't remember if I ever found my purse, or my shoes.
I woke up. And I couldn't remember if I ever found my purse, or my shoes.
Labels: firstquarteraffair, vignettesdreamland

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home