Monday, January 09, 2006

Tonight I kissed Gilda Cordero Fernando

AND I'M SOOOOOOOO KEEEEEELIG! She's so guapa and graciosa-- but pilia. I had stars in my eyes when I realised that she was sitting at that table. I didn't even know that Reni had invited her. Le sigh... I am in love.

You could say that the rest of the night was a success. We weren't swamped but we had a lively turnout. More media arrived than I had anticipated. And I think I was charming enough. It's easy to be charming when you don't think too hard, when you're too busy to second-guess yourself. I suppose in a way, it helped that I was in a position of subservience. I am there to make sure everyone is happy-- fed, drunk and entertained-- and the role took over. I enjoyed myself a lot. Figure that.
***
At parang tutoo nga, na may special kamadag ako pag dating sa mga lolo. It's an innocuous sort of attraction, but I seem to appeal to them. There's my Tito Johnny and my Tito Buk-an (who are such handsome old men). There was Goldie, on the bus to Tooting who said I reminded him of his dead wife. And tonight, there was Mr. L , who sought me out time and again so we could talk about World War 2. I guess it helped that I was truly fascinated by the topic and I had my own stories to tell about the war.

When it was time for him to leave, he actually looked for me to give me a kiss goodbye. I love old men. They're so charming. ;)

The next launch is going to be even better. Just wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home