Thursday, March 08, 2007

kai siao

I still don't know how to spell it. But BOY have I been through it.

Last year I wrote: "It might be interesting to subject myself to this feudal throwback. If it works out, I might get a few nice dates. If not, at least I can write about it."

At least I can write about it.

Kai siao Part 1: YaoMingZsu

A few months back Therese's dadoo asked her: Is Fran seeing anyone? Because there's this ex-basketball player from UE that I want her to meet. He's very nice. He's very tall. He owns a dormitory along Taft. *calculates revenue per room per floor*

To cut a very long story short (details available upon request) Therese's papa sent my number to YaoMingZsu. And we set a date for coffee after work on Wednesday.

The Monday before our date I saw his friendster profile. Inday, mukha siyang mamamatay tao. Red-rimmed eyes hulking shoulders and not a smile in sight. He might sideline for the triads.

After chastising myself for judging so heavily on the basis of his looks I resolved to be civil. (And if he was really a nice boy, I would pimp him forward.) Then THIS text exchange took place:

YMZ: Hey there. Sorry to say I can't make it on Wednesday. I have errands to run.
(I breathe a huge sigh of relief.)
Fran: Oh that's ok! I'm pretty busy too.
YMZ: So how are you?
Fran: I'm ok. Just a little stressed because we're rushing three books for November.
YMZ: Wow u rite? Me2 am stressed.
Fran: No, I edit children's books. Sorry to hear you're stressed.
YMZ: wow thats gud (that i'm an editor)
me too sorry to hear (that i'm stressed)
let's relax each other (italics for emphasis)

I never replied and thankfully he never texted me again. Putek. Let's relax each other....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home