ART SWAP: LAPTOP FOR A PAINTING
William Gaudinez, an artist we've been working with, has an interesting proposal:
Who wants to swap a 2nd hand laptop (preferrably with a built-in camera) for a work of art?
William is a talented painter and sculptor who was part of an artist-in-residence program in Korea last year. His murals, triptychs, and sculptures are beautiful; and he accepts work on commission.
Everytime William passes by our office I'm reminded of a giant snail or a humongous turtle (though he himself is a little man). He has a backpack that seems half his size and several bayongs bursting with art and materials from several rackets. Sometimes I wonder if he packed his entire studio. Takot po ba kayo sa sunog? :T
A laptop would be a great help to him. He could store images of his work so that he wouldn't have to lug all those originals with him. He might even save money on materials if he could render some of his work digitally.
A 2ndhand laptop for a work of art could be a fair (not to mention interesting) trade. You can choose something from his artfolio. Perhaps you'd like a portrait or a mural for the house? I'm sure you can work something out.
If anyone's interested, let me know. I'll hook you up.

3 Comments:
I am interested in William Gaudinez artworks, can I get his contact number? Email? Thanks!
thanks vic! give me your email address so i can send william's phone number. :)
i hope the two of you can work out a good deal. merry christmas!
My email is vic.mayor@gmail.com Thanks!! I forgot my password so I am posting as anonymous. Merry Xmas Also!!
Post a Comment
<< Home