Sunday, July 06, 2008

Milagros Dancehall Collective: Gigil Music

Therese and I jumped and shuffled to MDC (and bought the CD) last night. It's been awhile since we felt the pure childish joy that they inspire, so I was glad that we ended up in 6Underground for the SkipnSkank Discoball.

Few bands make me want to dance nonstop. Few bands keep me smiling ear-to-ear. Thank you MDC. My only complaint is that the set was far too short (small boo). And that there was no Sappy-time.

Other bands that made us feel good about the SkipnSkank Discoball:
Bembol Rockers -Even if they didn't kick rockabilly ass (—which they DO. Every. Single. Time.), we'd be there just to watch the bass player jump on his instrument.

Nyko Maca -We have missed you so. We are sorry (for ourselves) that we missed you last night. We were almost certain that you would be one of the last bands. Oh well.

Juan Pablo Dream - Yay. Yay. Yay. Mr. Bing, thank you for letting us listen to the new track on your cellphone. Whee.

Perhaps I should review the album tomorrow when I am less happy and more impartial. For now it's enough to make me feel as if they're still on stage, giving us an excellent reason to dance. (As if we needed a reason.)

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Katrina * said...

I didn't know 6Underground was still around. Are they still in the original location in Legaspi Village?

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

I was surprised too! They moved to Pearl Plaza on Pearl Drive, Ortigas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home