Alberto Vargas
I love Alberto Vargas because his women are hot. They are soft. They are wicked. They have bilbil.
A few months ago I found an art book on Alberto Vargas's nudes in Powerbooks. Every time I was in that store I'd end up leafing through these pages and falling into lust. Every time I'd promise that next time, next time I'd buy it. And every time I'd forget.
Then on a particularly sad, bad day, I needed something pretty to cheer me up. And what's prettier than a book on naked chicks?
This was the cover illustration.

Alberto Vargas drew and painted sexy. But he was no mere horndawg. According to the biographical note, he was very shy and quiet and serious. And he had a weakness for books that had no pictures: philosophy, art, chevers. I know I know I'm lapping all this up, romanticizing a man who's long dead. But there was this photograph of him reading in bed: shirt pants suspenders lost in a book surrounded by nude sketches. Awwwww....
The man had a sense of humour

...and an eye for pretty.

But wag natin masabi na puro kahubaran at kabastusan lang.
These women were beautiful. Look at this face.

And oh, I can hear the gay men scream! Faaaabulous!

When this painting was shown, it caused a stir. Not because she was naked but because she was smoking.

Girls, admit it. At one point or another haven't we all felt this way?

1 Comments:
Okay, now I'm absolutely *dying* to know what's in the missing final image that could have possibly violated ImageBucket's Terms and Conditions. (Although your caption leaves me a few guesses.)
Post a Comment
<< Home