Monday, March 24, 2008

and the stars in the sky :)

I am having SO much fun editing this book for A. House. ;)

Before you accuse me of cheating on Reni: she knows. We have a very open relationship. Basta magpaalam lang ako. Besides, the book isn't in direct competition with any of our titles.

A month or so ago, a friend asked me to help her with a science book that she was working on for A. I said yes because I miss childrens books. Don't get me wrong, I love humor and I love adult fiction. But I got into this business because of the babies (I mean the books, ha!).

And, heller, it's about ASTRONOMY. Oh joy oh jumping jellybeans! I suddenly remembered my Charlie Brown Encyclopedia, my Funk and Wagnalls, my Childcraft—

*Fran pushes up glasses* Did thomeone thay PARTEEE?



Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Aldus Santos said...

You nerd-woman you...:)

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Paul Catiang said...

Childcraft! Did it also come with a World Book Encyclopedia set? :D

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous DidipusRex the First said...

childcraft child ka rin pala

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Donna Macalino said...

Funk and Wagnalls...old school! :D

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

I don't think we had the World Book Encyclopedia set. But we had World Book stuff... I know we did.

You know what else was great? USBORNE books. Man everything I needed to know about Greek Myths I learned from Usborne. And JP dazzled his classics class in Columbia because of that one illustrated volume. :P

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

No school like the old school!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

Kaya magkasundo kami ng misis mo. :P

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Paul Catiang said...

Ooo yeah, I had some USBORNE books, too, mostly about birds. Those Brit publishers were pretty educational.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home