Brioche
Ang gawain ng matandang dalaga. Bow.
I first tasted brioche last year. It's a rich and sinful bread, slightly sweet, with a golden yellow crumb from all the butter and eggs. Yum. I'm going to get fat, or die.
I found a recipe on my favorite foodblog chocolateandzucchini[dot]com and this was the result of two attempts spread over the span of two weekends.

This was a batch of petit brioche which I found too salty. Plus the crust was too hard. But funnily enough my family seemed to like it. Papa has a salty tooth anyway.


For this batch, I used more eggs and a bit more yeast. As you can see it turned golden and fluffy. But a tad sour. (Though it went really really well with the jam.) And glazing it with honey turned out to be a good decision. However, everytime I ate the brioche it knocked me out. Drowse central. straight to bed. Next time. 1 less egg, more sugar. : )

3 Comments:
naks. i want some of the salty baby brioche!
ooh, that last loaf looks yummy :) haven't tried breads yet, just muffins. keep at it!!! :)
aw, so much love! i'll make more salty babies this weekend. : )
Post a Comment
<< Home