Fabio oh Fabio, where art thou Fabio?
me: psst! we're coming out with a range of romance novels. is it ok if the heroes were called Miguel Falcon and Carlito Legarda? ;)
falx: Certainly! Only if I get to expertly bed the ladies with my rugged, manly countenance. My claim to fame: to be immortalized in a romance novel.
me: oh believe me these novels are going to be super trashy. you will not only bed them expertly SEVERAL times over, you will be doing it in Filipino.*
*for those who haven't heard/read a love scene in Filipino, I assure you that it's a lot more…erhm…mapusok.
Yes, my friends. Our sister company A&S Books is developing a line of trashy romance novels. The author of our first set is having trouble updating the names. We need 'guapo y guapa,' sosy-sounding names. (I'd like to retain Carlos' full name pero baka di na niya ako bigyan ng material for the joke books.)
So mga hijo y hija, don't be surprised to find your name or a variant of it in our pulp.
My shortlist of boy's names:
Juan, Rafael, Gabriel, Lorenzo, Marco, Manuel, Carlos— (shet ang popogi!)— Luis, Joaquin, Paolo Martin (yes Paul, that's you), Daniel…. I'll mix and match your names so that readers don't stalk you. You can romance the ladies in tandem, Rafael Ferraren. You too, Marco Bengzon.
I'm having more trouble with my shortlist for girls. Any suggestions?
Isabel, Teresa, Tanya, Marian, Sofia, Katharina, Dara, Rachel, Tara, Waya (just kidding! don't kill me. pero maganda sana.)….
Oh, Selena, there's a book called Ang Lihim ni Selena.
Kailangan din namin ng kontrabida names. May suggestions kayo? ;)
Labels: gayness, woikwoikhahd

7 Comments:
I vote Helena. In honor of Helen Shirley. Hehehehe
Mwahahaha, immortality in romance novels, here I come!
For more name ideas, check out this site. Yes, it's a baby names site, the kind a romance novel heroine would be checking after her ass of a boyfriend knocks her up and leaves her and she's thinking of what to name her baby a few months before her knight in shining armor comes along to help her with giving birth in some jungle in the province, surrounded by NPAs, tribal peoples, and duendes.
Ahem. Kinda got carried away there. >.>
(ito mga pa Euro-epek suggestions) Paulina, Katja, Bianca, Gaelle, Anais, Mette. (nyak di ata bagay sa ating wika) Side-question: Can anyone (na hindi kontrabida) get away with Procopia and Petra?
I think Procopia and Petra will need cute nice girl nicknames. Though I DO remember an old Tagalog movie, circa black-and-white, whose heroine was called Petrang Paminta. (I was very young and I had no friends to play with in the afternoons. And RPN-9 was fascinating. So er... yeah.)
You know what, save the last part about NPAs, tribal peoples, and duendes, what you outlined is an actual romance novel plotline. :O hehehe
wahahaha!! I will so buy the book that has MY name on it ;) go lang ng go! GAME!!!
Ang tagal na nito, but I just read it. So I will reply. When its a contrabida it has to be something like Vanessa or Monica, Jessica,Melissa, or Kristina(with a K para may impact). I think the multi-syllable names tend to have more "dating"as a kontrabida. Btw, you went through my whole family's names when you made that list hmmm. Why not go for a hispanic guy's name ( Carlitos) then a typical nice girl's name: Mary Grace. (ang bait ng pangalan!)
Post a Comment
<< Home