Thursday, May 22, 2008

Do you work out?

"Do you work out?" and all its permutations has got to be the most amusing I.O.I* I've ever heard; because I'm allergic to physical fitness and because of all the body language that accompanies this line.

-So, do you work out?
—Er, no.
-Ah, kasi… (sabay tinging sa dibdib) daw ka-firm sang lawas mo…
(parang napaka-firm ng katawan mo)


—I suppose golf is ok. The pace suits me since I don't like fast sports.
- Oh but you look fit.
—I'd really rather not move at all blah blah blah…
- You look fit… (pinipilit na 'di tumingin sa dibdib)


Then, last night
-So, what sports do you do?
—Uh, none. I'm not an active person.
(Later that evening, without prompting…)
-I'm surpised. First time I met you, I had you pegged for the sporty type.
—Eh? Why?
- Well, um, uh… (embarrassed, but gestures towards body with a once-over look) you look good…
—Ehehe…










































































































































































*Indicator of interest for those who've read Neil Strauss' The Game
















7 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Joelle Jacinto said...

so... do you work out? ;P

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous DidipusRex the First said...

haha panis! i've read parts of The Game, very interesting methodology. NLP seems like a very useful talent, whatever your purposes may be.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

i can work YOU out… ;)

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

natuwa ako sa Game. it was so methodical.
it was even more interesting when i met boys who tried the moves. yun ang panis!
hahahaha

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous DidipusRex the First said...

they tried that stuff? hahaha sige nga, magkwento ka.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Lala Gallardo-Samson said...

you know a ten year old kid tried that line on me once

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

kids today. precocious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home