Kulog

story by Yvette Tan
illustration by Brian Vallesteros
While we were collecting stories for this anthology, I knew we were on to something special. The writers were taking the stories in all sorts of weird, funny, scary, magical directions. Kulog, for example, deals with subjects that I don't often encounter in local children's literature. And it mixes elements of fantasy and social realism with grace and sensitivity.
And the art. Good Lord, look at that.
I have the original pen and ink sketch. I still remember the day we had lunch with Brian and I offered to buy it. He slid it across the table and said, "No, yours."
The interiors pages are being plated and my press check is on Monday. We sent the revised cover to the press this afternoon. I'm nervous and I'm excited and I can't wait for this baby to be born. :)
illustration by Brian Vallesteros
While we were collecting stories for this anthology, I knew we were on to something special. The writers were taking the stories in all sorts of weird, funny, scary, magical directions. Kulog, for example, deals with subjects that I don't often encounter in local children's literature. And it mixes elements of fantasy and social realism with grace and sensitivity.
And the art. Good Lord, look at that.
I have the original pen and ink sketch. I still remember the day we had lunch with Brian and I offered to buy it. He slid it across the table and said, "No, yours."
The interiors pages are being plated and my press check is on Monday. We sent the revised cover to the press this afternoon. I'm nervous and I'm excited and I can't wait for this baby to be born. :)
Labels: woikwoikhahd

9 Comments:
ang gandaaa :-O
anlupet! 1 or two batches higher sakin yan c brian. cool guy. i want a copy for vida! that kid loves books.. sounds promising.
brian kicks major ass
I love looking at it! You've gotten me excited on this book, now, too. I really hope I can attend the launch. My pamangkins are still a bit too young for these stories, but I think I'm probably old enough. ;-)
yes. that's what i think each time i look at it. i'm at the printers today. eeeeeee!
hope you can make it to the launch! (The book will be available at all major bookstores in July.) :D
yes. oh, yes. :D
the great thing about a book is di 'to nawawala sa uso.
you can buy a good book for a little kid and they'll get around to reading it eventually.
parang heirloom. ;)
and yes, i think you may be just the right age for these stories. heehee.
waaaaw!
Post a Comment
<< Home