Thursday, May 27, 2010

Papa is Taken with "TAKEN"

Upon JP's recommendation, Papa and I watched Taken last night for some father-daughter bonding.

Lord almighty I have NEVER seen my father get so wrapped up in a movie. (Except maybe Akira Kurosawa's Ran. But that depressed him. Taken made him feel alive!)

Taken is every father's ultimate-action-hero-fantasy flick.
-Your daughter is kidnapped by the worst people on earth. (But guess what? She's a really nice girl who's still a virgin pa pala. And this is why she is momentarily spared from a fate worse than death. Good girl!)
-You happen to be the most qualified person to save her. The only one who can save her!
-You inflict unspeakable pain on anyone and everyone who touches your daughter (and some who might have just given her a dirty look!). The hot young man who trapped her was squashed like a bug by a mactruck. You tortured the Albanian gang leader to death (oh how he screamed and pleaded for his life, for the pain!). Nevermind the gang! You massacred them single-handedly. AND YOU NEVER GOT HIT. (Except at the very end, just to make things more believable.)

Here is a rundown of my favorite Taken moments with Papa:

When the girls meet the hot young guy (who turns out to be a slave trafficker):
Papa: Ah shet…stupid girls. Why are you girls like that? Why do you have to talk to all these strange exciting boys. (Note exasperated mocking tone when he says 'exciting.')

When the goons break into the apartment and take the girls:
Papa: Ah…shet…ah shet! Stupid girls…

Papa (to me): See?!!? YOU SEE!?!?! You always have to listen to Papa. Papa knows best. And Papa loves you best.
Me (to myself): Must it always be about you?!?! Sho cute…

But his favorite, favorite part was when Liam Neeson was electrocuting the Albanian gang leader. A-hyuckhyuckhyuck…I like dat. I like dat! A-hyuckhyuckhyuck…I believe you but I won't save you! A-hyuckhyuck!

Feel na feel niya! Like he wanted to flip the switch himself!

Shuch a cute old hound. Hyuck hyuck hyuck.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Tanya Syyap said...

hahahahaha :) I love your little anecdotes about your papa :)

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous elaine sta.maria-domingo said...

aaaaaaaw fwan. :) heart belongs to daddy!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

Papa's Piglet :P

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Jewel Regal said...

yes, daddy flick talaga ang Taken.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous waya gallardo said...

hahahaha, kaaliw your papa

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Katrina * said...

I just love your stories about your Papa, Fran. Your relationship with him is just wonderful. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home