Alexis Deacon
Awhile back, a loooong while back, I posted about Anthony Browne-- picturebook maker extraordinaire. Today, i would like to feature the work of Alexis Deacon. : ) heehee
Alexis Deacon is one of my biggest regrets. I regret not reading all his books. I regret not buying his books. I regret not stalking him. Alexis' illustrations are cute, but not cloying. They make you go 'awww', but the great thing is that it doesn't stop there. Lots of people can draw or manipulate images on photoshop, but one of the things that determines a really good illustrator is a sensitivity for story and detail. And Alexis, ooh... heeheehee. Sho cute.
The first Alexis Deacon picturebook I ever read was Slow Loris. And I think it may be his best ever.

It's basically a story about a sloth. And why it's always so, er, 'slothy.'
The second Deacon book was Beegu. It's about an alien who lands in a playground. Some people have referred to it as a clever commentary on authority. But let's not ruin the book with such talk. ;P

I haven't read the third book (and maybe there are more, but I've only ever read two) which is While You Are Sleeping. It doesn't sound like an original story, it's about what toys do when you go to sleep. But I want to read it because I want to see what he does with it. And that bear's butt freaks me out. Wala lang.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home