Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Picturebook Doo-lalleeee: I love it when you play hard to get

Me: Hi! We're coming out with a new picture book. The mss is called * **** ****. Are you interested?

Illustrator 1: Sige po! Just send the manuscript. Kailan ba isusubmit ang compre? Ah, alam niyo na ba yung email address ko?

Illustrator 2: Sure! Sige, Ipadala mo na lang sa email ko...

Illustrator 3: Oh yeah sure, sure! Send it to ***.

It took all day and three trial runs with the first three illustrators to call up Number 4. Because. Heehee.

Me: Hi, Is this * *?
Illustrator 4s dorky little voice over phone: Yes...
Me (trying not to hyperventilate, keep it cool, Momma, keep it cool): Hithisisfranong. From. TahananBooks. Wehaveanewbookout. *pantpant* Would you be interested in submitting a compre? *grip the seat of my chair*
Illustrator 4, calm, cool, sexy like a pickle: Um well, i'd have to read it first to see if I can do something with it. To see if my style will fit.
Me (Is this rejection? Oh stop toying with me!): Oh ok... I'll send you the mss and if you're interested...
Illustrator 4: Yes, ok. Thank you.

Ooh I love it when they play hard to get. Heehee. Powgi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home