Thursday, May 27, 2010

Achak bought his first computer today :)

He's been timidly asking me about computers for a few weeks now.

Ta…does your laptop run on…Windows 7 too? Oh is ti complicated to run? Naku wag na lang…hehehe…But my friend said I might like to get one to watch movies and keep in touch. Is it hard to use?

And finally tonight, there's a shy knock on my door.

Ta? Can you help me set up my Wifi?

It took a bit of figuring out since I'm not really computer savvy. (Just the savviest at home, savvy?) But after some tinkering and a tense 5 minutes as we rebooted his computer (I'd forgotten how LONG it takes to start up a PC.) we got him on the internet. He has his own email address. And I showed him how to use Google, YahooMail and Youtube. We even watched the trailer of a movie he's been curious about (Echoes of the Rainbow).

Now he's running random searches on Gong Li. All by himself. I'm so proud. :D

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Paul Catiang said...

Aw. So cute!

Yeah, I've had to tutor my dad on the jargon, too.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous elaine sta.maria-domingo said...

:) meanwhile, my dear father still can't sms...

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Fran Ong said...

Paul, I love it when they want to learn new stuff. Sho cute!

Elaine, my dad can't either! But he DID figure out how to open his Inbox and read messages. He just doesn't know how to reply, so he calls (all the time!).

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Jewel Regal said...

awww. pero bantay-bantayan mo din--baka ma-addict sa facebook or online games, hehe. ;D

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous elaine sta.maria-domingo said...

ay pareho tayo! si ernie can open his inbox too! progress! :)

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Katrina Gutierrez said...

awww :) i like this story :)

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Kitch Ponce said...

heeheehee, so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home